Monday, April 9, 2007

Another book review: The Sisters Grimm, Fairy Tale Detectives

Well, I've always been attracted to those twist-on-old-story-books, but this one is really good, and it has everything: slightly loony grannys, magical household objects (mirror, carpets, etc.) giants & giant catchers, and a big, loveable dog. Peter Ferguson's full-page black and white illustrations set a creepy, but not scary, mood. I'd say more, but I'm afraid I'll spoil the book. Also recomended: The Sisters Grimm, The Unusual Suspects and The Sisters Grimm, The Problem Child.

5 comments:

Venom said...

You should really concider reading Twilight. It is a very good story. It is about as long as the MaximumRide books. Eclipse comes out soon, which is the third of the series (Like MaximumRide3). Thankyou for posting on my blog. It means a lot to me. As you know, I could be killed for telling of The Existance.

Nudge.::.Twin said...

Twilight is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean it! I've read a ton of books and out of all of them, even the Max Ride books, Twilight is the best!

Venom said...

Sorry I have not answered this question before, but no. I cannot talk to cats. It would be quite interesting, though. Like in Eragon, and Solembum the werecat. (To Nudge twin)I do not know if I think that Twilight is better than MaximumRide. To me they are tied.

one of the flock said...

Darn.

Courtney said...

i LUV twilight! i like it better than MR, but barely! mostly cos Twilight is a fantasy romance (go Edward!!!) don't worry, it's not all romance. TONS of vamps! (again, go Edward!)